- 100% Pure Essential Oil
- eugenia carophyllata/syzygium aromaticum
- Origin Indonesia
- Base note. Spicy, sweet, hot aroma with a slight fruitiness.
- Oil is derived from the dried flowerbuds.
- Typically it consists of 60-90% eugenol, eugenyl acetate, caryophyllene and other minor constituents.
- Our oil is about 90% eugenol with little or no eugenyl acetate,
Clove Essential Oil can be very irritating to the skin.
Clove Oil is also known for its benefits in dental applications. It's often recommended for use with dental pain. Although numerous sources suggest applying a drop of Clove Essential Oil neat to a painful tooth, Clove Essential Oil is very potent and using it at full strength for any purpose is not recommended.
- Aromatically, Clove Bud Essential Oil has a strong, warm, spicy aroma that blends well with other spicy essential oils like Cinnamon Bark. It also blends well with essential oils in the citrus, wood and floral families. It's a strong oil, so when first learning to blend with it, try using it sparingly in blends.